The avo on toast on a cold winter’s day
Gingery sweet potato roasted garlic soup spiced with cayenne pepper and topped with avocado and chia seeds #thenewavocadotoast #hotsouponacoldday made with ingredients from the farm #sarasorganicfood.com #saraandlarasbasket
- Roast whole or partly chopped sweet potato and whole garlic in the oven until soft.
- Gently heat coconut oil or butter in a pot and add chopped red onions and ginger, cook for a little while until slightly brown.
- Add sweet potatoes (skin on) and toss.
- Add vegetable stock, juice of half a lime, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and pepper.
- Squeeze in the roasted garlic cloves from their skins.
- Serve topped with avocado chunks and sprinkle with Chia seeds, garnish with fresh parsley or coriander.